View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
AlexBarkerFitDay
FitDay Member

Send a message via AIM to AlexBarkerFitDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzycritter View Post
I'm still honestly not sure what my "ideal" weight should be
I don't think it matters really how much you weigh. I had a bit of a revelation a couple of nights ago thinking how I shouldn't get so caught up in the numbers because really what I want to do is improve my overall health...I want to have visible abs and muscles. I want to not have that little bit of fat under my chin and I certainly don't want man boobs. If I could achieve all of that and still weigh 190 something...I would be pretty satisfied. If I got down to somewhere in the normal weight range for me I would have to be like 150...I would probably have no muscle mass and look scrawny and unhealthy.

Right now I am focusing on being a happier and healthier person. During this process I will hopefully lose some unwanted fat. I'm trying to get it through my head that it is going to take time and dedication to see the results I want. So really I don't think your ideal weight should be set in stone...you might get to 140 and have great lean muscle and less fat...I guess it depends on how you approach everything.

April Fool's 2011 10% Challenge
Goal Weight: 182.25

Current Weight: 202.5

Pounds Lost: 0
AlexBarkerFitDay is offline   Reply With Quote