View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
AlexBarkerFitDay
FitDay Member

Send a message via AIM to AlexBarkerFitDay

It's understandable that people may be doing a slower workout or keeping a steady pace due to injury or ability or in CJohnson's case taking a break/taking it easy. I don't really care what other people are doing in the gym as long as it isn't interfering with my workout in anyway. And again...everybody has different techniques and methods...or sometimes just don't have the knowledge of specialized workouts.

I'll admit...the first day I went to the gym I went on the treadmill for 40 minutes and that was it, but I challenged myself to a bit of intensity by kicking it up to 6.5mph and running for a few minutes. Two years ago when I had a gym membership I would go on the treadmill and get up to 9.5mph. Crazy! I couldn't believe I could even keep up...I built up some good endurance then.

Tandoori: I'm not sure how I feel about HIIT with a jumprope...sounds intense. I feel like jumping rope is intense enough for me just trying to get a good amount of jumps in a row lol

Also, I wanted to see what people thought about jumping on a rebounder (mini-trampoline). I've heard a lot about how it improves the lymphatic system. I have a rebounder and have used it a good amount of times. The suggestion for using it came from a guy named Dan the Man the Life Regenerator on YouTube (his channel is liferegenerator). He is a raw foodist and talks about some crazy things, but I think his advice is good.

April Fool's 2011 10% Challenge
Goal Weight: 182.25

Current Weight: 202.5

Pounds Lost: 0
AlexBarkerFitDay is offline   Reply With Quote