View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #130 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Phew! Just got back from my daily walk. Added a little more distance today and still finished up within 20 minutes and it felt good. Man, I can work up a sweat, even if the temp is 12*F with the wind chill.

Went out with friends before a Christmas party yesterday. I hate not knowing which restaurant we'll be going to ahead of time so I can plan what to order. The waitress swore they had no calorie info available so I had to guess. Luckily, it turns out their baked onion soup w/cheese wasn't too bad--everything else was monstrous (and expensive).

I guess I've lost my taste for restaurant food--I can eat much better at home for a ton less money.

Then, I had to decline twice my friend's insistance that I try the boneless buffalo wings and the fresh bread. Sometimes, as they say, "no means no". And to boot, this fellow is way over 300 pounds (bigger than I am now) and spent the rest of the evening telling about this new diet shake stuff he was going to start selling and lose weight on (while he put away bread, a steak, plate of fries slathered with catsup, six (really!) large glasses of regular Coke and most of a plate of buffalo wings). I'll believe it when I see it.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the LAST thing I want to burn my precious calories on is some horrid tasting diet shakes.

At the party that followed I declined the home made chocolate cheesecake and other desserts with ease. I'm getting pretty good at declining any dessert or bakery item--it's best for me to just abstain. I'm quite good at abstinance, not so good on moderation, if you know what I mean.

Oh, declined to partake of any home-made peanut butter balls my co-worker brought in today, and I used to love those things. If you say "no" often enough, sooner or later people will get the hint that you're serious.

I guess that is enough rambling for today. Looking forward to weigh-in next weekend--I guess that would be Christmas day--that would be a nice day to see 299 (or less) show up on the scale.

Have a great day everyone!

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote