View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
AlexBarkerFitDay
FitDay Member

Send a message via AIM to AlexBarkerFitDay

Thanks everyone for the replies, suggestions, and support!

My responses:

I joined Planet Fitness because it's super cheap and I got the Black Card status so I can bring guests. I was also really desperate to get on a treadmill and do some walking and jogging...something I am not willing to do in the cold weather. I have yet to go downstairs in the gym where all the weight machines are, but apparently they have a load of free weights and equipment. Also, on the first floor with all the cardio equipment they have 4 bench press sets which is ridiculous considering the grunting rule...and it's a bit weird because it's separated from the rest of the weight machines. I am not worried about the grunting rule because I have never worked out to an extreme that I needed to grunt. Also, there was no way I was going to another gym because they all want $50 or more a month...simply too much money. After my cruise in January, I might go to this small gym down the block from me that offers 6 personal training sessions for $99...they also have some sort of group boot camp class for $20 a class. Might be what I need to get a boost in the fat loss journey.

Yes, the tracking gets annoying...especially when I just don't feel like doing it. One trick I have been using is to take a picture of the nutrition label so I can later come back and enter all the info into the site. I'm just a bit surprised that with all the technology we have that this site can't just grab all the nutrition info from other websites on its on during a search...and I bet there are sites that can do that. Guess we have to deal with it for now.

I'm not sure how much of an impact entering my info into the site will make, but I guess I have to stick with it for a while to see.

April Fool's 2011 10% Challenge
Goal Weight: 182.25

Current Weight: 202.5

Pounds Lost: 0
AlexBarkerFitDay is offline   Reply With Quote