View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
AmberStringer
FitDay Member

Default I don't want to die..

and that's why I am here.

My name is Amber. I am a 23 year old mother of two little girls. I am tired of being tired. It seems like my once clean bill of health is quickly deteriorating, as is my family history. I have a grandmother that just passed, a grandfather with two clogged neck arteries, a mother with a clogged neck artery, and an aunt that had her first heart attack at 42. I am not going down that road. I have kids that need me, and so I am going to fix this little mess I have gotten myself into.

I am 5'11", and last week I weighed 325 pounds. I have come to dislike myself as a person (largely because of my weight), and I am over that. I am ready to make myself into the person I NEED to be. I want to enjoy all that life has to offer me, and I can't. My anxiety and stress level is sky high, on top of just a crappy feeling all the time. I hope that losing the weight will help me learn to respect and love myself, and give me the energy to live the life I want to.

Today, I am down to 319. So 6 pounds. I have hired a personal trainer (we start January 1st!!), and I am starting to ease myself into my new life now. I look forward to getting to know alot of you here, and leaning on you for the inspiration I need to get through this.

Thanks so much!
AmberStringer is offline   Reply With Quote