Notices

New Mom, New Town, New Life

Old 12-19-2010, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Question New Mom, New Town, New Life

My name is Kandi, I'm 19 years old. I just had my first son 6 months ago.
Ever since I was little I was over weight and I think now it is time for a change.
I just wish I had support around me from my family.

I just moved to PA from Ohio to live with my husbands family. It's a new town and I'm scared. I don't know anyone and it is weird. I am working at Jo-Ann Fabrics 4-5 days a week and I am walking allot. This Wednesday I am planning to get a pedometer to track my steps. Walking is no problem, but dieting is going to be tough. Other exercises I"m going to have to try and get in around me cooking, cleaning, and watching 2 tots.

Any help is apperciated
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

sometimes family and friends aren't always there for us during this. They tent to question why you are losing weight and keep bad food around. With you living with another family you have to keep in mind that they may not being eating the same things as you are and that can be hard.

Meeting new people may just be a matter of getting out and walking. Maybe introduce yourself to someone... and maybe end up with a walking partner.

2 tots?? I know you said you just had a 6 month old. How old is the other? Is the other walking yet, if not once he/she starts and you end having to chase the little one around, you'll be getting exercise without even thinking of it.