View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
farr1022
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
I also have a desk job and recently dropped a good bit of weight (about 40#'s in a pretty short period of time), it may not seem like a lot but I was only at ~210# to begin with... so I dropped close to 25% of my body weight.

**disclaimer** I'm no doctor but this is my opinion.

IMO Protein should be used to preserve or gain muscle. It's good to use it while losing weight b/c you don't want to lose too much muscle while shedding fat, which can easilly happen.

The rule of thumb that I go by is 1g of protein per pound of body weight. Also try to spread that through out the day as your body can only absorb (use) so much at a time. Taking too much at one time will probably result is you just pissing it out.

I use GNC Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60, it's costly but has a great BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acid) profile. I think I'm about to start adding a Casein, which is a slow Protein that is good to take before bed time.

I try to stick to a 45/35/20 ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat)

Hope this helps.
I agree. 1g for each pound of body weight. I have been told this a few times in the past few weeks and went out and EAS Whey protein. Is it tasty? No! I simply put two scoops into a glass of cold water, stir and chug it down. I do this twice per day for an additional 100g of protein. Keeps me feeling full as well.
farr1022 is offline   Reply With Quote