View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 03:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
mrshaywood
FitDay Member

Red face 30 Years Old...Time For Change

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, but not to dieting. I recently turned 30 years old and decided that I have to do something. I have lost and gained weight most of my life. The most drastic was in 2003 when I lost 60 pounds. At 5'3", I was tiny, yet healthy with a body fat percentage of 21%. I gained 30 pounds back, which put me at 180 lbs. Although I was overweight, I felt good and was a size 12. Not terrible, I thought.

Then I met the man who would become my husband. I've been married for almost 5 years and have gained all of my weight back. I am currently 227. I feel huge, without energy, and not so attractive. Most of the weight gain was from dating my husband . We went out to eat A LOT. And even at home, we are night owls and he has a sweet tooth also. So, sometimes in the middle of the night, he would go grab some ice cream or fast food and we would watch movies or catch up on TiVo. We also try to eat healthy, believe it or not. But I think that portion control is an issue with me as well as late night snacking. Grrrr. We have all the tools necessary, including a treadmill and weight machine, dumbbells, steps, medicine ball, DVDs, etc.

So here I am. I turned 30 years old and I am sick and tired of being fat. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and I am so done. I purchased the PC version of Fitday today and I am feeling good about it. I find that support is essential for me, so I will be here awhile. The thing that has always worked for me is watching my caloric intake. I am not a big fan of exercise. Yuck. But I am looking forward to being motivated and setting small goals for myself. At least walking on the treadmill everyday.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to "meeting" you all.
mrshaywood is offline   Reply With Quote