Thread: Newbie!!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
manninkr
FitDay Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyschoice76 View Post
I am 33, will be 34 Jan. 30th.

I agree with what a prev. poster said. That we have to ease into this as a lifestyle change. At least I know that I have to. I have started eating healthy, counting the calories and I am doing well so far, day 2 - woo hoo! LOL I plan to add exercise soon. I love to use the ellipticall at the gym, wish I had one at home!!

I was also wondering, what others do - do you work full time, part time? Are you a stay at home mom (work 24hrs!) ? I am a full time, Rehab Case Manager. I work about 40-50hrs/week and am a mom to a 2 yr old, and wife to a great husband. My biggest challenge is eating on the road ( I travel locally to appt's) and finding the time to keep at the healthy eating, exercise, logging what I eat, etc. How do you find the time? Any tipe for eating on the road. Taco Bell does have a goo "fresca" menu I believe it is called, which is low cal. It is yummy.

I would love to buddy up with anyone. I need all the help I can get =) and am glad to give it as well.

Hang in there, girls!!
I work full time as a Children's Mental Health Case Manager (so I travel a lot for my job as well) and work Sundays at a part time job. I have four children (18, 16, 12, 8) that are ALL involved in sports so my evenings and saturdays are always busy. I need to start eating better while on the run as well! Now I stock my car/purse with fruit, cheese sticks, wheat crackers (100 cal. packs) and if we do order fast food (which is alot of the times) I order off the kids menu! That way my portions are way smaller yet I can still eat out with the kids! I have started exercising, we are lucky enough to get a half hour at work to exercise, and I cut out carbonated beverages. WE ARE ON OUR WAY!