View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
canary52
FitDay Member

Bless you, Noel! I actually just went to Amazon and ordered a copy of "How to Become NaturallY Thin" for four bucks. I have been on some diet or other for 38 years. 38 years. Seriously. And if it worked for me, I wouldn't need to keep doing it over and over. I want to eat naturally, to stop being obsessed by food and diet, so I think this is a step in the right direction. And you're right, maybe if I go there, my DD will follow. I would love if she could be free from both extremes: the heartbreak of being overweight and the tyranny of constant dieting.

BTW I had a feeling I wasn't the only one "cuter than a bug's ear" out there!!! LOL!!! As far as being "older than dirt" my Dad used to say that youth was wasted on the young. And as the blues singers often say, there may be snow on the roof but there's still fire burning in the stove.

One last thing: have you heard of Geneen Roth? She's another proponent of the anti-diet movement.

What do you think of me just giving my DD a pillowcase full of chocolate (her obsession) and saying have it? Crazy or could it work?

Last edited by canary52; 12-17-2010 at 03:07 PM.
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote