Notices

The Only Asian Here?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default The Only Asian Here?

hello peeps I joined FitDay just yesterday. I came across this site while googling for some weight loss related stuff and came across many success stories in the forum. Well done everyone! I admire all of you here with such strong motivation, perseverance and determination to lose weight be it what your reasons are

A bit about myself. I am 27 years old, staying in Singapore. I used to be underweight through my childhood until 10 years ago, when stress at school made me start eating all the junk food (macdonalds and potato chips being the main culprits). I gained 22lbs in a month and the weight creeped up. My highest was at 159lbs. I am an asian and taking into the account of my height, which is only 4ft 9, my BMI is in the obese range. I started to lose weight at that time and managed to hit my lowest at 130lbs. Still, this is not enough for me to be of my healthy range. I have to be around 100lbs in order for my BMI to be healthy.

After doing that for a year, I slipped off. The weight started creeping back and now I'm at 140lbs. I am at Day 7 of my weight loss journey yet again, and this time, I am determined to lose this 40lbs in 6 months.

Thank you for all the motivation and success stories in FitDay. It gives me the strength to make sure I attain my goal
Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the FitDay forums. Glad to have you on board here. IDK if we have any other persons of Asian desent on the forums, but irregardless of ethnic origin, we're all here working towards better fitness.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Well, my name is Chyna. Does that count? It's nice to e-meet you! I'm new here as well. I would like to lose 43lbs by May 15th. *crosses fingers*

Michael, you're stats are AMAZING! What a huge inspiration!!

Chyna
Old 12-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

welcome ladies. I'm not sure if there are other Asians here. As Michael said, everyone is welcome.