View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
tavisha
FitDay Member

Michael,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I agree that we should enter into a weight loss program with our eyes wide open. I'm all for sharing research, too. That's an important part of what being in a community like this is all about. A comment like "Hey, I read on xyz.com that the HcG treatments have been shown to cause such and such side effects in the long term. You might want to check it out for yourself. Here's the link." That's being helpful, yet still respectful.

But, some of the comments shared in this thread didn't have any information at all - just judgment (like "what's next, cutting off a limb to lose weight"). Those types of comments are just critical and mean and, in my opinion, have no place in a supportive community.
Total Weight Loss: 36 lbs.
GOALS:
1st Goal: Get out of the "obese" category on the BMI chart. Goal met. Yay!
2nd Goal: 154 lbs. - Get out of the "overweight" category on the BMI chart. Target date is March 5, 2011.
Final Goal: 130 lbs - fit into a size 6 "goal dress" I bought. It's an amazing White House Black Market silk dress that I stare at every day to remind me where I'm going.