not really new, but trying again >

not really new, but trying again

Community
Notices

not really new, but trying again

Old 12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default not really new, but trying again

I read the last thread and it sounds like me a little. I've been on and off fitday for at least 4 or 5 years. Maybe joining the forum will help.
I weight 277.4. Last week I weighed 277.2. Not much of a weight loss..but that's my fault. I know what I need to to. Just doing it is another issue.
I hate being overweight.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forums. The support and information here has been a real help for me. Weight loss for me never happened until I hit that low point where I just couldn't stand it anymore. That was when I set goals instead of just wishing for it to happen. I hope you are at that point, because that means you are now willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default goals are important

You are right. HEre are a few of my goals. Keep a daily food journal, weigh myself once a week. and he following:

276 December 14
266 January 14
246 March 14
226 June 14
215 July 14 (that's my birthday)

[

Weight loss for me never happened until I hit that low point where I just couldn't stand it anymore. That was when I set goals instead of just wishing for it to happen. I hope you are at that point, because that means you are now willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-13-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Best of luck to you in your journey, Scoop. We have a recently-formed group of people who want to lose over 100lbs in the Weight Loss Tips group. It's a sticky post right at the top of the list. It's a friendly and very supportive bunch. I'm new to all of this, but there are several very experienced folks in the thread that have been a tremendous help.

Happiness and health,

Matt
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Welcome to the forums. The support and information here has been a real help for me. Weight loss for me never happened until I hit that low point where I just couldn't stand it anymore. That was when I set goals instead of just wishing for it to happen. I hope you are at that point, because that means you are now willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.
Ron,

I couldn't agree more. Hell... I even made a video about it.
YouTube - p90x day 56 update with pics
Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Talking trying this again, this time for life, i hope........

well the last time i tried fitday was back in 2005, and i ended up losing 33 lbs, felt great, then i got sick and had to have surgery in 2006, then i gained back all the weight and then some. this time it is going to be for life, i am tired of being fat and sick and tired all the time. i started on oct 27, 2010 and i am down 20 lbs, doing this all on my own, trying to eat healthy is the HARDEST part for me because i have a hubby and three grown sons, two of which still live at home, and they eat whatever they want, my hubby should watch his diet but he gets too frustrated. exercise is easy for me, i walk 3miles per day before work on the treadmill, and on my off days i walk 5-7miles. it takes me all day to accomplish this though because i have to keep stopping to take care of my family and our home and the animals, but i get my miles in daily. i feel so much better, just wish my eating was under better control and then the weight would just fall off of me, but i have been under a TREMENDOUS amount of stress for a few years and its not getting any better, personal family issues that really tear at my heart, but i am dealing with it the best way i can, and sometimes that is eating things i should not, if i could jump onto the treadmill whenever i am stressed out that would be great, but most of the time it is at night when my family is asleep, so i guess i just need to grab the bull by the horns and hang on for life. anyway, so i am 45yr mom of three boys, hubby of 26yrs, grandma of soon to be two babies and nurse for 21yrs. i am 5'4" and as of today i weigh 184 LBS. my goal was to weigh 160 LBS by new years eve, but it don't look as though i am going to accomplish that goal, but i have not given up yet! and i will never give up, never!! i am so happy to be back on fitday, and hopefully being part of the forums will help me to lose more weight and meet my goal.

Last edited by crazywolf; 12-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default you seem to be on the right track

To Crazywolf: I'm impressed! You're on the right track! You have lost 20 pounds since November....that's great! You do three miles a day on the tread. Even greater. Plus, you've got the hubby and kids who eat whatever they want. Add the stress and I know it must be hard. Hang in there. I'm sick and tired of being fat. I'm 277, but lost a couple of pounds since November. I've got a herniated disk and have been sick with tingling and pain in my legs. The doc wants me to get another epidural. So, he says I can exercise after that. in the meantime i've been journaling and logging food on fitday. I hope you hang in there.