Notices

New

Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New

Hi,I'm 37 years old have 5 kids,5 grandkids have been married for 20 years.I had the gastric bypass 12/21/09 I was 243 the day of surgery and now I weigh 123.
That was the easy part now it's time for the hard part.Living after the gastric bypass.Look for support to be able to stay healthy and watch my diet keep track of my calories.I am really excited that I found this forum.Can't wait to begin talking with everybody.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forums!!! I have a brother that had gastric bypass several years ago, he got really skinny, started looking sick. We were all worried, unfortunately he didn't change his ways and now is close to where his was before the surgery.

We are all here for you. Stay around and post often!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
welcome to the forums!!! I have a brother that had gastric bypass several years ago, he got really skinny, started looking sick. We were all worried, unfortunately he didn't change his ways and now is close to where his was before the surgery.

We are all here for you. Stay around and post often!
Yup, my BIL did the same thing, twice.

Now a lady I work with had the lap band thing and has done really well. Of course, she had to actually gain weight to be able to qualify for it I think she was, perhaps, 50 lbs. overweight. Now she's super skinny and seems healthy.

We all do what we think is best, and by all means, BigGirl, welcome to FitDay!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome!

Do they give you post-op advice on the types of foods to eat and how to maintain the weight loss?

Won't it make you really sick if you go over your 'limit'? I don't really know very much about it, but would love to see you stick around
Old 12-14-2010, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats Biggirl! You made the most of a year that I wasted. Hoping this next year is mine for the taking! Good luck with your continued success!