View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
vabeachgirlNYC
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I agree, and it's sad because the site has so much promise, but some major usability issues, namely:

1. Having to log in 10x/day
2. Inability to set your timezone - I'm on Pacific time and apparently the site assumes everyone is on Eastern. So many times I've entered food on the wrong day.
3. Print version should show the date that you're printing! Otherwise how are you supposed to tell them apart?
4. Food sort should not be case-sensitive, that's just silly.
5. There should be a way to copy a custom food and just change a few things, then save it as a new custom food.
6. Search should look for matches in my Custom Foods and Recent Foods, as well as the fitday database.

At least for me that's really all it would take to make the site perfect. I'm sure others have different issues. But I don't think any of these are gigantic tasks (I'm a computer programmer - feel free to contact me if you need help!)

As it is I don't know how the site can expect anyone to shell out for the premium site or PC software, since it seems development has stopped on the website.
Welcome to the site suzzer99.

Since your join date is this month and today is your first post you may not have seen the recent changes made to the site.

I think that Fitday has been great with so many of us "free members" making request. Both IBAngel and 01gt4.6 have worked hard to improve this site in a very short time.

I have to agree that it would be nice to be able to stay logged into our food journals 24/7. But I like the case sensitivity. I list my everyday food in lowercase and less often foods in caps. I don't think I would like sifting through the food database looking for my custom foods though.