View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
lynette185
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga09 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I guess I thought that since I was drinking sooo much more water than I used to that it was good enough. I am going to take your advice and see if I can get over the 64oz hurdle (hopefully I can do it and still have time outside of the bathroom). I have been eating a lot of turkey and chicken roll up for lunch and sometimes dinner, but I have been eating 1 cup of Quaker Oat Squares for breakfast. Im pretty sure there are some carbs in that, but that whole good carb vs bad is still confusing to me! One question, what is everyone's opinion on eating frozen dinners (healthy choice, smart ones etc)? I have done that some night because it is easy to compute the calories.....and between the gym and work I dont have a ton of time at night.

Robert
Robert, you may have this, but here's the nutritional info on your breakfast cereal:

100 calories per 1/2 cup

* Total Fat 2g 3%
* Saturated Fat 0g 0%
* Cholesterol 0mg 0%
* Sodium 160mg 7%
* Total Carbohydrate 21g 7%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 4g 8%

I'm new to FitDay, but I'm an old hand at dieting (unfortunately). One thing you might consider is changing out that breakfast. Maybe have bacon and eggs for a day or two, see if lowering that 42 g of carb (plus milk?) makes a difference for you.

But carry on, because you're doing well. Best thing to do in a plateau is to stay off the scale. But the times I've been stuck, changing things seems to help. The last time I lost a bunch of weight, I was stuck for two weeks, working out really hard at the gym. I cut my workouts back by about 80% and lost like crazy that next week or two.

But then you've got to change back. I think our bodies just get used to things and need to be reminded who's in charge every now and then.
lynette185 is offline   Reply With Quote