Community
Notices

New here!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default New here!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Debbie and Im new here to FitDay. Ive been wanting to lose weight for a long time but never really had the discpline to do it. Not to mention my hubby doesnt back me in it at all. Its very disheartening when your loved one doesnt even back you in losing the weight you need to lose to live a healther life. But Im going ahead with it. I want to be here for my kids for a long time and no one is going to stop me. I recently turned 30 and had a dctor tell me tha tif I didnt change the way I ate and start locing some weight I could have major health problems. The biggest threat right now however is getting Brittle BOne Disease. My Vitamin D levels are really, really low. Listen to me ramble here lol sorry! Just wanted to say hey and introduce myself to everyone!

Thanks
Debbie G
Old 12-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Debbie, and welcome! Congrats on taking a step toward getting healthy. In a perfect world, your hubby woud give you all sorts of support, but no one person can be all things, so feel free to come look for your support here. The folks here are great and there are a ton of people willing to share their knowledge, experience, and motivation. Poke around the threads and don't be shy to ask for what you need . Logging all your food and exercise works if you work it, as they say. Whether you are diving in or making one small change at a time, the important thing is that you're moving forward. Good luck and look forward to seeing you post in the future!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard Debbie G! Unfortunately it seems to be common to not have the support in this that we need. I often say "Do it for yourself, even if it's by yourself!"
Old 12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

When I first started doing this my husband didn't really take a position, mostly because I've gone on a diet pretty much every year, do it for a while and then give up. But after I'd lost about 40 pounds, he sort of got on board and has been more and more helpful. One side benefit for him is that I do not prepare separate meals for me, if it's good enough for me, it's good enough to feed the whole family. So hubs has lost 18 pounds not even trying.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Debbie! As others have said, you'll get lots of support and help here. You have found the strength within yourself to start and that's so important. Just keep going; know that there may be ups and downs but just keep on keeping on and you'll get there. And who knows? What happened to Almeeker may happen to you too. I found it inspirational. I'd love my family to benefit from healthy ways I've developed. But no matter what, we owe it to oursleves to take care of ourselves. Look at it as an exciting opportunity to live a bettter healthier life!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default New Here

Welcome. I hope you can find the support you need.