View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
strawberryhotcake
FitDay Member

Hello! I can`t speak for everyone here but for me it was a lot of negative talk to myself that has been hindering my weight loss. I found out a couple years ago that I have a hormonal condition, one that made me put on over 60 pounds in 2 months. I thought back to how fit I USED to be, how easily the weight USED to come off...none of those things are true anymore and I found that I was putting myself down when things weren`t happening fast enough, even binging on huge amounts of food to fill the disappointment. Wich of course left me feeling horrible and guilty for not helping myself. I know the progress never seems good enough when you have so much weight to lose that you cant see an end in sight. But once you were in good shape and healthy and you absolutely can do that again. For me I had to put a lot of thought into why I kept sabotaging my efforts when I felt like I would do anything I could to get the weight off. Like you, I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin again, I`m missing out on so much of my life. Good luck to you, you have tons of support here!
strawberryhotcake is offline   Reply With Quote