View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
insatiableone
FitDay Member

Bobbienne--I was curious to know more about a couple things you said. Why were you switched from Synthroid to another form of levothyroxine? Also, what do you know about soy being bad for hypothyroidism?

I just joined the forums a few days ago and wanted to say that I was put on levothyroxine in my teens, before I started to gain weight on antidepressants. I've had my blood tested a couple times a year and the dosage increased a few times, but it seems stable. I still struggle with fatigue, but I don't know that it's related to hypo because my doctor says my levels are normal. It never occurred to me to ask for the lab results, but I don't suffer from most of the hypo symptoms like hair loss. I was intrigued that so many posters on here did ask for their own copies of the lab results, and also that there are more markers that should be tested for. I may have to ask my doctor about this!

I drink soymilk instead of cow's milk because of IBS and I was wondering if I should switch over to almond milk instead. I've read that soy can be bad for women with a predisposition for breast cancer, but I wasn't aware it could impact hypothyroidism. Does anyone have more information on this? I thank you in advance.

J.

Current Weight: 207.4 lbs. (6 December 2010)
Short-Term Goal: 188 lbs. (12 February 2011)
After That: 165 lbs. (April 2011?)
And Beyond: 140 lbs. (August 2011?)
(Very) Long-Term Goal: 125 lbs. (December 2011? Never?)
insatiableone is offline   Reply With Quote