View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
stopcounting
FitDay Member

Unhappy Nooo! My clothes!!!!

I've tried to use fitday several times in my life, but I've always given up out of frustration from having to make so many custom foods for my own recipes. I'm back, though, and really hoping that this time I'll stick!

I'm 5'5 and my best guess would be that I weigh about 140-145 lbs (I just moved, and need to buy a scale). Honestly, my biggest concern isn't the way that I look since I know that I'm still at the upper end of the healthy range, but my clothes just don't fit anymore and I don't have the money to buy new ones! Not to mention that I've grown attached to a few pairs of jeans and replacing them wouldn't be the same.

I need to get down to about 125-130, which doesn't sound like much of a change, but i've been trying for months. I cook dinner, and my husband's grown attached to very unhealthy meals. I've tried things like using low-fat substitute ingredients, but it's definitely not enough.

Any ideas on how to wean him off of delicious, familiar recipes and onto healthier ones? I know that I could just make separate meals for myself, but I have no willpower when there's pot pie sitting right in front of me.

ETA: Eep, I'm sorry if that was off-topic and belonged in another section! I just figured that while introducing myself, I ought to add a bit about the reasons I'm here.

Last edited by stopcounting; 12-08-2010 at 04:25 PM.
stopcounting is offline   Reply With Quote