Community
Notices

Opinions...

Old 02-06-2010, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Opinions...

Hello everybody, I was hoping to get an opinion on my daily meal plan. I'm attempting to lose weight, and have been successful so far. With this meal plan, I'm rarely hungry and I feel good. I'm just looking for any suggested improvements.

Male, 22 YOA, 350lbs. I walk about a mile or two daily, pushups and crunches for exercise.

Breakfast
-Quaker Sugar Free Apple Cinnamon oatmeal made w/ water

Lunch
-1 slice whole wheat bread
-1 can (5oz) tuna in water
-2 slices of lettuce
-2 slices of roma tomato
-2 tbs of spicy mustard
-1 cup of baby spinach
-2 tbs lite ranch dressing

Dinner
-1 3oz boneless/skinless chicken breast, broiled
-1 cup of baby spinach
-1 tbs of spicy mustard
-15 or so baby carrots, raw
-1/2 cup green beans, no salt

Fitday lists my calories at 702, 26.9g of fat, 61.3g of carbs and 50.1g of protein.

Just wanted to get an opinion. Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

Last edited by C2CXJR; 02-06-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity...
Old 02-06-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by C2CXJR
Hello everybody, I was hoping to get an opinion on my daily meal plan. I'm attempting to lose weight, and have been successful so far. With this meal plan, I'm rarely hungry and I feel good. I'm just looking for any suggested improvements.

Breakfast
-Quaker Sugar Free Apple Cinnamon oatmeal made w/ water

Lunch
-1 slice whole wheat bread
-1 can tuna in water
-2 slices of lettuce
-2 slices of roma tomato
-2 tbs of spicy mustard
-1 cup of baby spinach

Dinner
-1 boneless/skinless chicken breast, broiled
-1 cup of baby spinach
-1 tbs of spicy mustard
-15 or so baby carrots, raw
-1/2 cup green beans, no salt

Fitday lists my calories at 702, 26.9g of fat, 61.3g of carbs and 50.1g of protein.

Just wanted to get an opinion. Any suggestions are very much appreciated!
Without knowing your sex, age, current weight, etc, I would definately have some more protein at your breakfast meal. Your body has been burning protein all night and goes into an anabolic state. The protein will keep it in an anabolic state. You also may not be taking in enough overall calories during the day and I am not sure as to your level of excersize.

I would think about adding protein to increase that ratio. It is unclear as to how large your servings of chicken and tuna are.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Best of luck!!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

We'll first I would like to welcome you here,everybody here are very nice and very helpful .I would just like to add that I started my lifestyle change just over like 3 months now and I was about 305 lbs and now im at 247.When I started out I was just walking slowly adding more distance to my walks.At first was about 1/2 mile then the next week 1mile and so on and I did this every day up until about 3 weeks ago when I joined 24hr fitness.I have found the stationary bicycle does the same thing as walking without the joint pains of walking on hard concrete.Your diet looks pretty good but I would reccommend that you not eat any diet stuff as in soda or salad dressings these will have a reverse effect on you later down the line if not sooner.I would also throw in some small snacks in between breakfast ,lunch and dinner.Eat something like an orange or a salad with oil and vinegar or some strawberrys,cottage cheese etc.I try to eat a little something every 2-3 hours.

On a side note there is always someone here to motivate you ,good luck and keep it up its we'll worth the effort.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I actually plan on swapping the salad dressing for salsa in my meal plan. This will cut out some of the fat in my diet.