Thread: Venting...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lizzycritter
FitDay Member

I've been to the manager numerous times, sadly I think she's part of the problem. She's the manager because she's the daughter of the original owner, who's now retired. I've been trying to stick it out until the assistant leaves, but it's been at least 6 months if not closer to a year that she's been threatening to quit. It's getting harder and harder to put up with. My only other option is to do an end-run around the manager and try to talk to an owner directly, but they work in the large animal side and are always on the road, they have no idea about office politics. In the meantime, I'm dusting off my resume just in case and doing some soul searching. I like my doctor, I love my clients, and I get along great with the receptionist and the other tech, but enough is enough already.

The other part of it is, and there's no good way to say this especially on a weight loss forum, the assistant's never been a small girl, but she's put on considerable weight, and this is a physical job. If I had to guess, I'd put her at about 350 lbs. Her scrubs are skin tight, which I know from personal experience seriously restricts your mobility. I'm not sure how much of it is can't and how much of it is won't, but she doesn't restrain properly anymore. You're supposed to get down on one knee, put one arm around a dog's head in a sort of bear hug, and the closer arm around the dog's chest. Doing this gives you leverage should a dog panic or try to bite, they don't have room to turn and get you this way. They're stronger than us, using leverage to your advantage is critical. Now she stands bent just at the waist, one hand on the dog's nose and one on the leg. I'm kneeling eye level to the dog's face while drawing blood, if the dog lunges she's got no leverage, I'm farked. I'm seriously afraid one of these days somebody is going to get bit, this has also been brought up several times and has fallen on deaf ears.

Starting weight:182
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 135

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 12-04-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Lizzycritter is offline   Reply With Quote