View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
midwestj
FitDay Member

I think you can call it whatever you want. I don't think calling it a diet is what makes people fail, its their commitment.

You have to want it bad. Its been said before that diets work. I personally don't call it a diet because it makes me sound like some 16 year old girl who thinks shes fat.

I'm sure people have tried and failed before, but was it really because of the diet or was it because they didn't let the diet run its course and let them achieve their goals.

The general idea of a diet is eating light and eating less, calling it something else is just putting lipstick on a pig so to speak.

If it helps you not to call it a diet than thats good.

For me I'm not going to let any diet mishaps or anything of the such slow me down from my goals, and I believe thats how you truly lose weight, by goal setting and working your ass off, not by avoiding calling your eating plan a diet.

That part of it is only on the surface, if you want to be successful in weight loss you need to find deeper reasons to why you want to be in shape and healthy.

People who go on "diets" just don't really want it that bad, and thats why they fail, not because of diets.

IMHO!

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.
midwestj is offline   Reply With Quote