View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
MunaAmin
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterJen View Post
Sorry to say, but if you want any sort of lifestyle change to work (and stick) you will have to keep a food and fitness log. You don't have to share it with anyone, but in order to take stock of how many calories are consumed vs burned each day, you have to have a way to accurately do the math.

If you are like me, and most of the people that I have met who are attempting to loose weight, and keep it off, you have lost track of what an actual "serving" looks like. These days we live in a world where almost everything has been "super sized", and if that is all you have ever known (don't remember if you gave your age, but I am old enough to remember when "big grab" chips first came out, and when soda bottles went from 20oz to 1Ltr). Before the early 80s an average restaurants hamburger meal was about the size of the kids meal at McDonald's today!

While the FitDay counters may be off somewhat, they are still much more accurate than trying to "wing it" when it comes to assessing accurate calorie deficits.

Good luck, and welcome to the program

Welcome aboard
I totally agree with sisterJen. I was always trying to lose weight, but it only started to com off when i began to log ALL my foods and ALL my activities. I was amazed that 'a bite here and there' and finishing food after my kids (i have 3 kids under 6y of age) how all these bites added up. It's better to log it here in fitday, it's password protected and the website has lots of functions, graphs etc. so you can see your progress and more importantly, see where you are making mistakes.
Good luck!
MunaAmin is offline   Reply With Quote