View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
JennSturd
FitDay Member

Talking The start of my Journey

My name is Jenn, I am 5'2 and 206 lbs. I have 2 kids, the youngest of which is 3.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom.. It took me a while to get it in my head this is what I had. I have done a lot reading up on it since. Now that I'm informationally secure, I think it is now time to start the long, and no doubt hard, road to a healthy manageable weight.

I am new to Indianapolis and my husband is in the military. So I get little free time on my own. But, we have recently joined the Y in our area and I am LOVING it. My 29th birthday was on Sunday. I decided that, that would be my stepping stone. I decided that I am going to spend the year leading up to my 30th birthday to get into a healthy more manageable weight range.

My goal is to lose 56lbs in the next year. I personally look at this as a resonable goal. Although, no matter how I look at it, I am still at the foot of an up hill climb.

I am not one to log my food, log my workouts, or even do a daily journal. I FB but I am not doing this so EVERYONE can see me that I know. I am doing this for me.

I worry that I won't be able to continue or I'll give up. I do not want that to happen. I have no friends or family near by that can give me hands on support. I have my husband, but we all know how they can be at times. Not saying he doesn't support my goal, he just says if I am unhappy with things then I must change it myself. This is me helping me....
JennSturd is offline   Reply With Quote