Notices

I have to do something now!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default I have to do something now!!!!!!

I was brought to this page this morning from a new friends page. I am always looking for something that will get me going.....I have gone and registered at FitDay and started my journaling as well.

I have been FAT for years and have been trying to loose it for just as many. I have been a member of a weight loss group for years and the leader of that same group for the last 5 years.....i feel like a yoyo in my weight loss travels. I ...know what to do....i tell my members every week what we should be doing and then i leave the meeting and it all goes out the windows. I have done it before at one point I had lost 50 pounds was walking three miles a day then i got very sick with a lung issue. I know this has to be done by me but i also know i need support and help from friends and family. I know how much better i feel when i get my butt moving...but it is getting that butt moving that i am having trouble with.

this is my pledge to myself, my family and my friends:
step one
get out gazelle glider and find a spot to put it so that i WILL use it daily

step two
food plan for the week, (breakfast, lunch and dinner and 2 snacks) and stick to it.

step three
tell my family and friends what i am doing and why i am doing it.

step four
get going NOW!

I am sure some of you are thinking this is a lot of personal info for my first stop at this page but I have to do something and the more people i tell what i am doing the better......if you are looking for a friend to help you get through this life change and to be accountable for.......message me....... If you are one of those people that think i should just get out of my chair, get off my fat ass and quit eating.....this message is not for you and i don't need to hear your opinion.

Charlotte
Old 12-01-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

"Put the fork down, fattie" people are not tolerated here, period. So don't worry, you won't find that attitude here.

The only place you can start is the place you find yourself in now. Welcome to the forums I do a LOT better when I plan what I'm going to eat in advance. I usually only manage to do that a day or two at a time, a week is overwhelming so if you can do that, I'm impressed.

I'd also like to add the 100+ ladies are a fantastic group, they start a new thread every month. You should check it out.

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 12-01-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
"Put the fork down, fattie" people are not tolerated here, period. So don't worry, you won't find that attitude here.

The only place you can start is the place you find yourself in now. Welcome to the forums I do a LOT better when I plan what I'm going to eat in advance. I usually only manage to do that a day or two at a time, a week is overwhelming so if you can do that, I'm impressed.

I'd also like to add the 100+ ladies are a fantastic group, they start a new thread every month. You should check it out.
Lizzycritter, thank you.....I was just sitting here trying to figure out what meal planning was....and see there is not a place in FitDay to do meal planning. A couple days at a time might be the smarter way to start.......thank you for your thoughts and your welcome.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

You can click ahead on the dates at the top, but what you put in won't show up on your recent foods list until that day passes.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard! I think that sounds like a good plan.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard Charlotte, you sound like my kind of company. I'm going to second that invitation to join the 100+ ladies club, it's called "Downright Delightful in December", and there are lots of people making it happen on that thread. I saw another 100 pound thread started today that is unisex and that one should be interesting too.

Advice on the Gazelle, my elliptical machine (which I think is similar?), is strategically located between the refrigerator and the couch. We used to call that room "The Dining Room", now the kids call it "The room where mommy works out". And it is smack dab in the middle of the house on the first floor. It took the "hidden in the basement" aspect out of my workout and put it in the center of my life where everyone can see it. Crazy? Maybe. On the other hand, it's working for me.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Charlotte. I would suggest you plan a healthy alternative for when the cravings hit or you just feel you need to eat something. One of my favorites is carrots. You can also slice cucumbers or an apple. The idea is to not destroy a whole day of good eating because of a high calorie snack.

Last night while watching TV my wife (she is 5'-6" and 125#)sat down with a bowl of clam dip (left over from Thanksgiving) and potato chips. I knew if I ate this it would ruin my calorie plan for the day. So I cut two carrots into sticks and ate them as an alternative. By the time I finished the carrots she had finished with her chips and dip.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

YAY! Another first timer Good Luck!
Old 12-27-2010, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

I am a first timer today here as well. what do you ladies find that help you stay motivated? that is my biggest problem.
nice to meet you all!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

GOOD for you! I hear you in so many regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what to do, how to do it, just need to get off my butt and DO IT! I just found this site today and am super determined and motivated! I'm with you on the accountability partner! Lets do it!!!! I have a treadmill that I bought recently which I just stare at! Today I will get on and get to work! There are so many inspirational stories on hear and people who have made so much progress I am inspired! We can do this, just need to commit to coming on here each day for a dose of motivation!