Thread: Preop
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sarah1063
FitDay Member

Hello i am 28 years old and I had gastric bypass on 12-30-2009. I weighed in at 277 i have lost 123 pounds and i am now 154. Thanks to the surgery i am close to my goal weight. I would like to loose 9 more piunds. I had the surgery to beter my health and it has worked. I no longer have high blood pressure or depression. I can honsetly say that i would reccomend this surgery to anyone. It was the best thing i could have ever done for myself. Remember if you are going to have this surgery have it for yourself and no one else. Forget about your friends they are just jealous that you are going to look better than them. However i will tell you that it is hard for your head to catch up with your body. I went from a size 20 to size 10 pants and a 3x shirt to 10/12 and i still find my self going to the larger section for clothes. It is definetly a life changing experience but a great experience. One suggestion following surgery is to find a good thrift store and plan on shopping there for pants. You will end up changing sizes very quickly. Good luck to you.
Sarah1063 is offline   Reply With Quote