Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Anyone else with 100+ to lose want to share? >

Anyone else with 100+ to lose want to share?

Community
Notices

Anyone else with 100+ to lose want to share?

Old 11-30-2010, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Anyone else with 100+ to lose want to share?

Is anyone interested in starting a 100+ group with Sunday weigh ins to share support and motivation? I've looked at the weekly weigh in groups and it seems like most of those hard-working members are much closer to their goals than I am. I'm hoping to find some folks who plan to be going at this for a year+. I'm working on my third week.

Happiness and health to all!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, SJ. However, the group you're referring to is in the support forum for women, so I didn't want to crash it.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

We can start one, if you like. My "Lose 10% of bodyweight by New Years" thread will be done soon (in the Men's Support forum). No reason we can't have a Unisex 100+ Weekly Weigh-in Challenge in this forum.

I've taken off a bit over 100 lbs. since starting in May, but even at a svelt 311 lbs. I still have 100+ left till my final goal so I'll gladly be a member!

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds great, Michael. Your progress is fantasitc. I hope I can do more than just draft of you It will just be good to have some losing buddies.

I'd certainly welcome anyone who wants to join...men, women, large house pets.

Matt
Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

No worries, Jen. I never said if I was male or female, not that it was intentional. I hear what you're saying, but I guess the men's and women's support forums will always be there for specific concerns. I hope to be here long after 100lbs since my goal is to lose 190. I hope to set up residence here. Come join the fun whenever you like.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Is anyone interested in starting a 100+ group with Sunday weigh ins to share support and motivation? I've looked at the weekly weigh in groups and it seems like most of those hard-working members are much closer to their goals than I am. I'm hoping to find some folks who plan to be going at this for a year+. I'm working on my third week.

Happiness and health to all!

i would love to join you in the quest. I have been at that 350 and not far from it now as you can see.......here is my pledge

Starting: 12/01/2010, 330 lbs (Yikes!)
Current : 12/01/2010, 330 lbs
Lost: 0 lbs

Goal 1: 290 lbs 04/30/2011
Goal 2: 250 lbs 09/30/2011
Goal 3: 210 lbs 02/28/2012
Goal 4: 170 lbs 07/31/2012

final goal to be
Goal 6: 154 lbs 10/01/2012
Old 12-01-2010, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Sorry Matt,

Your screen name wasn't gender specific, and I float around so much tat I didn't think about where the thread might have been. I'll be joining one... don't really care if it is gender specific, but there may be issues for either gender that the other wouldn't understand, or would feel threatening if disused in such an open forum.
Sister Jen that is true to some degree....I know that men loose differently than women and calories burned is also different but I think what a Unisex group will be good for is the social issues of being heavy and being in a room with a group of people who are not ridiculing you but looking at you as a human being. I am very happy that there is a new group for all.

Matt....100+ lose that is great and a lot of hard work. Good job I hope to be able to say that by november of 2011 according to my goal setting plan.