View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 03:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronRanger
FitDay Member

Quote:
Instead of IF sometimes I'll hold off eating anything until later in the afternoon.
Then you're fasting instinctively.

I forgot to mention another fasting diet and that is the Warrior Diet. 20-hour fasts with a 4-hour feeding window.

Quote:
ESE and fasting works for a lot of people. If you are someone who doesn't have time to be eating every 3-4 hours or has a hard time staying on track with a calorie deficit it is a strong approach.
Right now, fasting is blowing-up in the bodybuilding community. It will spillover in to the mainstream eventually. Right now, I get a lot of comments on how "it's not good for you". No one can tell me "Why?". It's dogma and accepted as "bad".

I was never a big breakfast eater. I ate it because Mom told me to. That's not to say I don't love breakfast foods, I do. Oh yes, I love a stack of pancakes or waffles with syrup. I just wasn't hungry.

My Dad ate this way. He was 52 and still had a six-pack. I'd watch in awe as he'd eat two boxes of spaghetti with about 90 meatballs before he'd go to sleep. All day, he'd have some coffee, maybe an apple, or on rare occasions, a sandwich. Then I'd watch him demolish huge piles of food every night.

I was a skeptic until about 4 months ago. Now I understand it.
IronRanger is offline   Reply With Quote