Notices

Anyone do Calorie Cycling

Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Question Anyone do Calorie Cycling

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone out there has had luck with calorie cycling? The concept is eating low calories for a few days and then having a "cheat day", then low calories again and another "cheat day". It's supposed to be good for people that won't stick to diets if they can NEVER eat their favorite foods, and it prevents the body from plateauing because you are constantly changing up your calorie intake. At the end of a week, you'd still have a calorie deficit and therefore loose weight. Anyone do this with luck?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

I JUST read something about this today and decided to try it. I got a printout from a website where I put in my weight, height, age, etc. and it gave me a calorie total for Mon-Sun. For example, today was 1349, tomorrow is only 1068, but Wednesday is 1695. So it zig zags back and forth (I think I found it by Googling "zig zag calories"). I really don't want to hit the dreaded plateau so I thought I would give it a try. I think it will be great on days I know I'm going to eat out or go to an event or something.

Cassie J.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

I am doing it, but kind of by accident!! The aim is 1200 calories a day, but I find I range from 900 to 1650, but I am averaging the 1200 a day...I am losing, so far, but not fast.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie-Thank you for telling me about it being called "zig zagging" also. I googled that and found some good forums.

Kathie-I'm curious to know how much you have to loose, if you don't mind me asking. Averaging 1200 calories seems like you should at least be losing 2 lbs per week.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:45 PM
FitDay Member

I have lost 10 pounds in a month, but I went sort of crazy with nuts and actually GAINED weight!! I couldn't stop at 10!! I did drop 2 pounds last week.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you Kathie! Although that sucks about the weight gain. I've actually lost 5.5 initially. That would be greater if it weren't for the fact that 3.5 of that was recent holiday pounds. It's only been a week and a half so I'm sure it's water weight, but I'll take it!! Going on a cruise in 2 weeks and wanted to trim up as much as possible by then. I'm being real specific about my zig zagging though. I'm more likely to stick with something if it is realistically sustainable.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Kathie-just noticed your weight loss goals...That's mine too!! Only I'm going for 149 cause it just sounds and looks better. Ha! Im at 163 now.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, we are really close!!! My goal of 150 is my initial goal, but I "may" want to drop into the 140s too, and yes it DOES sound better!! LOL!!! I figured I would use 150 as a realistic goal. At the moment my short term goal is to get the hell OUT of the 160s!! That will be a happy day!!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Keep on going and you will get to those goals, I'm sure

Well, today was a "high" calorie day for me. I am glad to say that it feels uncomfortable eating *so much*! But make no mistake, I am getting it in! Unfortunately I had a long work day and came home starving (ominous music begins...now), but I ate what I had planned and am glad I had the extra cals to work with today.

Unfortunately, I got home so late that I missed my cardio class, so it is off to the basement to the treadmill...not as fun, but gets the job done.

I am taking one of Kathie's suggestions from another post and not weighing daily now. I will jump back on the scale Tues. and see if that works any better.

Stick it out and keep it going! We're getting there!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

cassie, there is a weekly weigh in thread that a whole lot of us are using, and we weigh in on Fridays. It helps with accountability to post your success or lack thereof. You should join us!

I have had a low calorie day today. Again mine is not scheduled, more random, but it still seems to work. I am seriously starting to crave a hamburger and a coke!! I think I might have to plan for that soon, so I don't totally blow it! It isn't a healthy choice in any way, but the desire to have one is getting pretty overwhelming!! LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.