Thread: I want to know
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lizzycritter
FitDay Member

I don't follow any specific plan, but I do much better when I log my calories IN ADVANCE. When I plan my day, I can stay 1500-1700 calories easily. When I don't plan ahead but just try to "watch it" and log in at the end of the day, I'm at 1800-2100. I don't have any forbidden foods, but find it's easiest to save calories without "missing out" by cutting portion sizes on simple carbs like potatoes, rice, bread. Keeping my protein up helps me to not feel hungry too, so I try to keep that above 25%, not always easy to accomplish. I don't worry about fat since I eat lean meat and don't deep fry anything. There can be a ton of hidden calories in what you drink. I drink a lot of water and unsweetened tea. I don't eat many artificial sweeteners, more than half a can of diet soda is usually enough to give me a major headache. I can drink diet A&W root beer, and that's my occasional sweet tooth craving go-to item. I have fudgesicles and mini ice cream sandwiches in the freezer so I can have a real dessert but in a reasonable portion size. 60 calories for a fudgesicle is a lot better than 400 calories in a bowl of chocolate ice cream.

I'm also taking tomorrow off but all leftovers I eat in the coming week will be properly logged. Happy Thanksgiving!

Starting weight:182
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 135
Lizzycritter is offline   Reply With Quote