Notices

Newcommer Accountability Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newcommer Accountability Thread

Hi everyone. I'm new here and wanted to put out some public goals in the hopes that the accountability to this tread will be additional motivation for me. I've been amazed and encouraged by the success of people who participate regularly here, and hope to make some of that success for myself.

A little about me..I'm 42 years old, 5'7", and started at 350lbs. I've been overweight to extremely obese most of my life, with a three-year break where I was happy at fit by my standards, eventually at 170lbs.

I've never been a diet person, so paying attention to what I eat is new to me, and I haven't exercised regularly since I was in my early twenties. I started limiting my calories to 2,000, paying close attention to my nutrition, and exercising on 11/14. I feel highly motivated and energetic about getting started.

My first week I was successful keeping my average under 2,000 calories, and manged to work out in a very limited way on five days. I was worried about yesterday because it was my first holiday party, but I was able to pass on the alcohol and dessert, and managed to escape only eating 700 calories when faced with a really amazing spread.

I don't know how to do one of those fancy signatures, so here goes:

Starting weight 11/14/2010: 350lbs

11/21/2010: 347lbs

Goals:
2,000 calories per day
exercise 4 days per week
1/2/2011: 335lbs
5/7/2011: 300lbs
11/14/2011: 250lbs
9/6/2012: 160lbs

I hope to update my progress weekly on Sunday, and welcome anyone who wants to add their goals (or encouragement) to this thread.

Good luck and good health to everyone!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Detroit, I'm of the female persuasion, but I wish you lots of encouragement nonetheless! Sounds like you're off to a great start, and way to go on exercising moderation at the holiday party. Just keep that 'beginner's enthusiasm' rolling all the way through the new year!
If you're interested in creating a signature (fancy or not ), go to the top left corner, click "User CP," then click "Edit Signature."
Old 11-22-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Detroit, good luck on your weight loss journey. its one meal at a time , one day at a time, it gets easier the longer you do it. at least for me that is true.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome--you'll be amazed at how fast the pounds fall off. I was way over 400 (my scales capacity) when I (re)started Fitday in May.

My first official weigh-in was 393 lbs in mid June, after six weeks at 1500 calories.

My weigh-in this week is 314.5.

I was wearing size 60 Levis in May, now I'm wearing size 46.

If I can do it, you can too!

BTW, I also went down to 180 or so and gained it all back. I am determined to make this the last time and keep it off.

Keep up the good work!

Michael
Old 11-22-2010, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and advice. Seems like a great community here! Your achievements are really remarkable!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Had a small victory today that made me feel really good. I got dressed and got to move in a notch on my belt. I've been bouncing back and forth from the first to second notch all year, and today the third notch felt perfectly comfortable.

I can't believe how energized this made me feel. It made me want to get in my workout clothes and hit the gym but I had to go to work.

Best to everyone for a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Well, it feels like it was a great week. I was able to exercise in some way six days. I've been trying to mix it up with just cardio vs. light cardio + weight training every other workout day. I've also been incorporating some stretching outside the gym. Sounds impressive but I'm still working up my stamina and strength. I'm trying to take it slow and listen to my body. I'm making sure to push myself, but being careful not to strain. It's slow going but feels great.

I was able to keep at 2,000 day + or - 100 calories every day except Thanksgiving. I really didn't want to feel like I was depriving myself, so allowed myself a little of everything I wanted, including some leftovers, and kept that day to just over 3,000 calories.

I'm thrilled and surprised by the 4lb loss for the week, but I know I'm keeping myself well hydrated (averaging between 150 and 200oz of water a day) and will give the credit to hard work in the gym. Once again, my loss on the scale nearly exactly matches my calorie deficit for the week according to my log.

So far so good, and feeling great.

Happiness and health to everyone!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

I've moved to the 100+ unisex thread in the weight loss tips forum. Still trying to stay accountable

Happiness and health all.