View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
FitDay Member
Default Thanks all!

Thanks everyone for your quick replies and encouragement!

Yes, I do belong to both the Bally's Fitness Center nearby as well as the Evanston Athletic Center (EAC) just a few stops away on the Purple Line elevated train. Bally's doesn't have a swimming pool but EAC does so when I DO begin my "gym centered" workouts that is probably where I will start, i.e. water aerobics. Happily, my contract with Bally's is only $125 a year and my disability status allows me to belong to EAC at a great discount so, even though I can't take advantage of my memberships right now, I know they are waiting for me when I CAN get there.

Of course, my first challenge is just to get out of the apartment. I'm taking this one day at a time so first, I'll focus on my eating habits (currently erratic and filled with sugars and fats) and lying on my bed to do stretches. For now, just moving is a challenge but I realize that daily effort will lead to progress and positive results.

I'll keep everyone posted, I promise. I'm just so happy to have this forum. Everyone is so supportive, postive yet realistic. Don't be afraid - EVER - to "nudge" me. For instance, yes, it could be a cop out to say that I'm depending on God to get me through this. I can understand how, perhaps based upon past experience, someone might believe that's what I'm doing. The fact is, for me at least, my relationship with Him is a great support for me, not an excuse. I know He loves me and I honestly feel He's brought me to FitDay for a reason . . . EACH ONE OF YOU!

So, anyway, thanks again. I'll keep praying, recording my calories (in and out), and carefully but regularly stretching-progressing-to-actual-exercises, all while keeping you posted on my accomplishments and pitfalls. Keep up the good work, each of you, and may God's blessings keep all of us focused, positive and secure.

loriparker is offline   Reply With Quote