View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
midwestj
FitDay Member

I'm 5-10 185, I was eating at 1800 for a while and this is actually when I lost a little bit of muscle. I am upset that I lost the muscle, I increased my intake to 2000. For someone like you with so little to lose, slowest is best, the faster the more unhealthy. Try 1900 for at least 2 weeks and see what happens.

Bodyweight x11 for fat loss, is a good general number. And for maintenance bodyweight x15.

If you are hitting the gym and are interested in squats here is a great free program based on squats:
StrongLifts 5x5: The Ultimate Strength and Muscle Program | StrongLifts.com

It also might change your thinking about dieting and exercise. Honestly I think your body fat would drop to what you want it to be by just gaining some lean mass, and that doesn't mean becoming a bulky meat head. If you add some muscle and the fat stays the same your overall body fat decreases.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.
midwestj is offline   Reply With Quote