View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
basscat348
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzycritter View Post
I can't use aspartame either, same thing-migrane trigger. Even certain flavors of toothpaste, mouthwash, or gum will do it to me. I find I tolerate cinnamon the best. As for low calorie low fat, I find I'm better off with a smaller portion of the "real" stuff. There's way too much sweetening in a LOT of processed foods, artificial or not. For convenience foods (crackers, granola bars, cereals etc) I eat a lot of Kashi brand products. The cereal was a little bland at first, but now that I'm used to it, it's shocking how syrupy-sweet "regular" cereal and granola bars are-and "diet" meal replacement bars (like Slimfast, Special K) are sickeningly sweet to me now. Your tastebuds do adjust, and it doesn't take very long, maybe 2 or 3 weeks once you start eating healthy.

I have even had to quit using toothpaste because carrageenan ( I think thats how its spelled) is also another name for MSG as is aspartame.Its all a neuro toxin and only 1 of a few things that will actually penetrate the blood brain barrier,thats 1 reason why its so bad.If anyone has a problem with aspartame you more than likely have side effects from MSG as we'll.I just want to say this again and will continue to say it ,that the phrase MSG is just a slang term used and almost everything has it in it.Food companies are not required to list MONO SODIUM GLUTAMATE on the can if its not 100% in there,so what they do then is create these other words like natural flavors that only have 80% MSG in it and then are not required to list the real ingredients.I know I have said this before but hey never hurts to say it again.
basscat348 is offline   Reply With Quote