View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
vabeachgirlNYC
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnnie View Post
Well, it's a good thing I wasn't advocating for anyone to give up or accept that there was nothing to be done. Perhaps you are reading something into my message that isn't there?

I'm simply saying that *for me* it requires more effort to lose weight since the thyroid issue than before, and *for me* that it was frustrating to work twice as hard to lose half as much. I know for a fact, that it was easier for me to drop a few pounds before I became hypothroid. My metabolism has changed, and I accept that. It's partly due to hypothyroid, and partly due to aging. I never said it couldn't be done.

I know that in the past, I could workout 3 or 4 days a week for 45 minutes and eat 1500 calories and I would easily lose a few pounds a week. I know now that I will have to workout more often, longer, with more intensity, and my calories may have to drop to 1200-1300 if I want the same results.
No, I was agreeing about how frustrating it can be to work so hard and barely see the scale move.

You apparently took offense to my reply, not sure why, but like I said before... Good luck on reaching your goals.