View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

My girls take a sack lunch 4 days/week and get hot lunch once/week. Another mother was appalled that I send a water bottle in their lunches everyday and won't send them with money to buy a carton of milk. It just so happens that my kids were all allergic to cow's milk as babies so they've been raised on soy milk. None of them like the taste of cow's milk, so water is a good option for us. And as I was trying to explain to her that I'm not a neglectful parent I happened to mention that her child gets chocolate milk everyday and it's actually got twice the calories that whole white milk has and that I found that rather appalling. Needless to say she still thinks I'm a horrible parent.

Good news on this topic. One of the children my DD is friends with is absolutely darling and a little on the chubby side. I've always liked her, she reminds me of myself at that age. Not long ago she was over at our house for a B-day party and a couple of the other girls were picking on her because of her weight, and it just broke my heart. Anyway today I caught up with her mother and talked to her about the fact that her daughter is being targeted at school. She nodded and told me she's dried up tears over it more than once. So I suggested that her DD join the swim club with mine and that I would be happy to help her get back and forth to practice. The mom was very interested in doing it, so I think this is going to be a really positive arrangement.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote