Notices

I need your help

Old 11-18-2010, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default I need your help

Today I'm scheduled to do an ab workout, but I REALLY don't want to.

Will you please talk me into it?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ab Exercises, but I don't want to

Trust me, when I say you will enjoy your exercise once you get started. Set your mind to do just 5 minutes and that will carry you into 30 or more minutes. All you have to do is get down on the floor, and get started!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

the good thing about an ab workout is that they don't usually last long. What's it going to be, maybe 15 mins? Just knock it out, get it over with so it's not hanging over your head all day.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Today's my run day and I really don't want to go 'cause it's getting cold here... But I'll do mine if you do yours. We'll be grumbling in the short term but laughing in the long term.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Think about what will happen if you *don't* do the ab exercises - you'll probably feel crappy and wish that you had - and that's just if you miss one day.
To carry on in the spirit of what Sortabadass was saying, I need to do good ol' Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred tonight and I also REALLY don't feel like it. But I'll do mine if the 2 of you do yours!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

I've learned that I absolutely HATE the first 10 minutes of working out, doesn't matter what it is. Then I get warmed up and it feels good. So I always tell myself that I'm only going to give it 10 minutes and if I still hate it then I get to quit. I've never quit once I've gotten started.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Well, you all have convienced me, I did the work out as planned. I don't know what was wrong with me, I usually love to work out. It makes me feel strong.

But you all were right, I would have regretted not doing it, it was easy once I got started, and it wasn't a huge time sacrifice.

Sortabadass and change is good, did you do yours?

Again...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

hh, that's good to hear.

sortabadass & changeisgood.... what about y'all?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Woot! I did mine and am happy to see you did yours as well! Sortabadass, did you hold up your end of the bargain?

No need for thanks, HH, you ended up motivating me as well!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Yay, I'm happy to hear that you found your motivation!

I did indeed go for my run and it was actually a really good one, once I got into it. Almeeker, you are absolutely right about hating the first ten minutes of a workout and then having fun. It's funny how much I dread the things that I look back upon with satisfaction.

And heritagehunter, thank you! Your call out for motivation actually helped me find mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.