Notices

FIT DAY Food Log

Old 11-01-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default FIT DAY Food Log

I do a lot of logging for my low fat/low carb diet and often put the ingredients of an entire recipe into the log for calculation purposes. I wish there was a way to save a "recipe" so that you could go back to it to see the totals and possibly make changes to ingredients (eg. change pecans to almonds, etc.). I modify recipes often so have to reenter all the ingredients all over again. You can save the nutition info for a new food "Create a food", but not save a food log entry (whether recipe or entire meal).

Just a suggestion.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Excellent Idea!

That would certainly be helpful. I usually go to Spark People Analyzer and use their recipe calculator. They have the ability to "save" the recipe, but it didn't sound like something I wanted to do. Maybe it would work for you?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I save "Recipes" with Fitday PC.

It allows you to group certain foods into one "food" so if you do change the recipe all you have to do is select the food that is changing, and then all the rest of the foods for that recipe stays the same.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default "View my recent foods"

The "View my recent foods" menu (located to the left of your food diary) lists according to date so all you have to do is look up the date you last ate that particular combination of ingredients and click "Add to intake." That's what I do, anyway. Hope this was helpful.

- PEACE -
Old 11-18-2010, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Spark - WOW!

I just checked out the Spark site and WOW! This is a real Godsend for me. I love creating my own recipes and now I have a site to record and analyze them for me. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I'm new to this whole forum and I'm delighted to find it so helpful so soon. Again, thanks.

- PEACE -