View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
loriparker
FitDay Member

Default Hello, everyone . . .

Greetings all. My name is Lori and I'm reaching out from Chicago, Illinois, USA. I look forward to reading and engaging in this forum.

I'm middle aged, weigh almost 300 pounds and stand 5 feet 2 inches tall. Obviously, I'm in a very dangerous situation here so this site is a real source of hope for me. I know from personal experience that only diet and exercise can bring me to the goal weight. As difficult as I know my journey will be I know that with God all things are possible.

My greatest weight challenge is my inability to exercise regularly, if at all. Severe arthritis and the results of a series of accidents over the course of five years have culminated in chronic pain, especially in my left leg and lower back. I live in an apartment on the second floor and just trying to get down the stairs to go anywhere is a real challenge for me. As a result, I am practically homebound and can go for days without ever leaving the apartment.

My hope and faith are and will ever be in the Lord. As difficult as things are (see above) He has blessed me with a loving and supportive husband, a fitness center only 3 blocks away and FitDay. I'm going to keep close track of my nutrition and activities and, I hope, enjoy the encouragement of this forum all on a daily basis.

Alright then, that's me so far. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing back from my new "community."

- PEACE -
loriparker is offline   Reply With Quote