View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
LisaAnnie
FitDay Member

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I believe that about some things. But not about my health and fitness. It is too important to me to just give up and accept I can't do anything about it. It is what it is because I get to decide what I want it to be.

Trying to lose weight can be frustrating for everyone. If it were easy no one would be fat.

I have wondered if it is really easier for some to lose the weight or if it is just because they put more effort into it.

I understand the scale frustration because it barely seemed to move for me too.
Well, it's a good thing I wasn't advocating for anyone to give up or accept that there was nothing to be done. Perhaps you are reading something into my message that isn't there?

I'm simply saying that *for me* it requires more effort to lose weight since the thyroid issue than before, and *for me* that it was frustrating to work twice as hard to lose half as much. I know for a fact, that it was easier for me to drop a few pounds before I became hypothroid. My metabolism has changed, and I accept that. It's partly due to hypothyroid, and partly due to aging. I never said it couldn't be done.

I know that in the past, I could workout 3 or 4 days a week for 45 minutes and eat 1500 calories and I would easily lose a few pounds a week. I know now that I will have to workout more often, longer, with more intensity, and my calories may have to drop to 1200-1300 if I want the same results.
LisaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote