Thread: New and Bloated
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
DetroitBreakdown
FitDay Member

Default New and Bloated

Sorry if this is a double post...didn't seem like it went through:

Hi everybody. I've been working my way to changing my food lifestyle over the past couple of months and finally am taking the committed plunge. I'm 42 and hugely overweight (male, 5'7", 350lbs). I'm not trying for rapid weight loss, but am hoping I can just change my lifestyle in ways that will make a difference.

So yesterday was my first real day of planning everything out foodwise. It was strange to feel like I was eating all day as I was always used to being in starvation mode, not eating anything until 1pm then eating a huge dinner at night. Yesterday, I had a breakfast, a mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and replaced my diet coke with water. By the end of the work day I felt noticeably bloated. I didn't feel like eating dinner. I forced myself to do 30min on the treadmill, and felt ready for dinner about an hour later.

But this morning I'm still feeling kind of puffy. I suspect this is the radical change in my diet and will pass, but curious if anyone else experienced this and has any advice.

On the bright side, I felt great all day yesterday in terms of energy, which was a real switch for me. Thanks for any answers, and sorry for such an epic post. What I ate is below in case it's that:

Breakfast:
Whey protein in a cup of enriched soy milk
apple

Snack:
1/2 cup of Kashi Crunch cereal

Lunch:
Raw spinach salad with beets, garbanzos, raw broc, 2oz of broiled chicken, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and balsamic vinegrette.
1/4 cup of lowfat cottage cheese.

Snack:
8 mini carrots and a few raw almonds

Dinner:
1 slice of toasted sprouted wheat bread with a ground chicken patty, 1/2 avocado and a couple of table spoons of toasted flax seed.

Snack:
1/4 cup hummus mixed with 1/2 avocado and 5 mini carrots

I know it seems like a ton of food. Just under 2,000 calories

Thanks to anyone who made it this far
DetroitBreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote