Veggies!!!!  Raw or cooked? >

Veggies!!!! Raw or cooked?

Community
Notices

Veggies!!!! Raw or cooked?

Old 11-10-2010, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Question Veggies!!!! Raw or cooked?

Is there anyone else out there who loves certain cooked veggies but can't stand them raw. I am that way with most of mine. I love broccoli cooked, but can't eat it raw. As I said, it's the same with all veggies for me. I have seen on more than one occasion that I need to be getting my carbs from veggies not breads and such. But I can't whip out a head of broccoli and just gnaw on it.... not gonna happen, so.... I have heard arguments for both sides... now I want to hear them again. Raw or cooked... and since I can't eat them raw are they just as good for me cooked?

Thanks!

Also... I see a lot of people with their stats/goals as a signature type thing at the end of everything they post. How do I do that???
Old 11-10-2010, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hit "User CP" in the blue line above and then go to "Edit Signature".

I like vegetables no matter how they are prepared, but I say if you can eat them cooked but not raw, then eat them cooked. Have you tried the microwave steam bags? If not you might just give it a whack, it's almost as fast as gnawing on a head of raw broccoli.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the tips and the signature help!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Throw some veggies in a bowl with a few tablespoons of water, cover it with a paper plate and microwave for 3-5 minutes. Instant steamed vegetables
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Yea I do not like Broccoli raw although sometimes I can eat it if I am starving, but when it is sauteed with some spices and light sauce my oh my, i actually LOVE it. So its my fave. Closely followed by spinach and Kale, I love these sauteed as well. Carrots I like when its boiled only because it is softer, taste wise I don't mind it raw. Cauliflower, love boiled. lol so long story short, I def prefer my veggies cooked!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

I just toss rinsed veggies in a glass bowl and nuke. I don't add water or cover them. I think they come out perfect.

And I can't eat broccoli ANY in any form! <puke!>
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

that's how I cook mine, but I cover them.