View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
midwestj
FitDay Member

Haha Michael I was going to point that out.

Weight loss is something anyone can achieve. You just can't quit.

Usually when you don't like something you can just quit, but if you don't like you body quitting is not an option. It takes work to be in good shape, or to be healthy.

Some give in to quitting, and don't come back to fitday. Others find out how to do it without the help of this site. Some quit fitday for calorieking or livestrong or the other sites.

The ones that stay here, and stay their course, are rewarded by their hard work and determination. Since joining here I have lost 35 pounds, and for me that was a lot to lose (225 starting weight,) because I only have about 10 or so more to go.

When I found fitday I found something that empowered me to take control of my diet. I have told many friends about this site, and most just try it for a day and give up. So if you are still here after a week, a month, two months, just go ahead and give yourself a big pat on the back, because even though anyone is capable, it takes a special kind of person to actually do it.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.
midwestj is offline   Reply With Quote