View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
LuvyH
FitDay Member

I agree with Alyssa,

I joined fitday back in december and at first was focusing only on my caloric intake and lost about 7-10 lbs. Then the holidays came around and I got out of the habit of entering my calories everyday, thankfully there was no weight gain but I also hadn't gone down any more. When I started my regular routine back in january I decided to add a physical component to my regimen as well as being very strict with my caloric intake. I've been doing Billy Blank's Tae Bo now going on the 2nd week, I try to do it 3 times a week and it's a really good workout which should be burning about 500 cals for the 45 mins that it takes. But I'm so totally bummed out since I've been sticking to a daily calorie total of about 1000 and have not dropped a single pound. I'm currently at 180 and am just craving that moment when I get on the scale and it shows 179. However, in terms of measurements I've lost 2 inches in my waist and 1 in my hips these last two weeks. People are also starting to notice that I look toner and leaner, especially in the mid-section and thighs.

I was just wondering if any of you guys think this "plateau" is actually due to the fact that I'm probably gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, so I'm technically not losing the weight but still seing a difference in my build?

Also, any advice or encouragement would be awesome cause I'm getting so fed up!
LuvyH is offline   Reply With Quote