Notices

Weight Loss Buddies?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Weight Loss Buddies?

Hello all! I only have a small amount of weight to lose, but my entire life has been filled with subjective binges and yo-yo dieting, and I'd love to nip that in the proverbial bud! If someone would be awesome enough to do check-ins and motivate each other, that would be the best.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sammee42
Hello all! I only have a small amount of weight to lose, but my entire life has been filled with subjective binges and yo-yo dieting, and I'd love to nip that in the proverbial bud! If someone would be awesome enough to do check-ins and motivate each other, that would be the best.
I was just logging in to find a buddy as well! Would you like to be buddies and swap emails? I want to lose about 4 pounds, I tend to graze and binge and eat all the treats that are around work all the time.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hello!

I'm in. I need a buddy too, especially because I'm not in too good a mood lately. I need to shed around 5-10 pounds, but I usually end up adding more.

I need help, I can't stick to a meal plan, I combine foods awfully, eat often and too much in the evening...
Old 10-31-2010, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Tamisa and Sammee, we can be buddies! Tomorrow is a new day, a new month. The "bad junk food" holiday is over! I'm going to start by donating anything that's food but I don't want to eat to our local food drive (puddings, pretzels, fruit snax, cocoa, leftover candy, caramel apples....) and sweet table at work.

I totally overate today (spaghetti and meatballs, pecan bars) and now my stomach can't even hold it all! It's almost good to be uncomfortably full so I can remember what this feels like and avoid it later.

Also, I think the "eat 6 times a day" just gets me in trouble and I've read some things that say eating 6 times a day isn't really necessary and eating just a couple times a day really doesn't slow your metabolism. I'm going to "try" to just eat when I'm hungry instead of just when it's time to eat and see what happens.

I've been having insomnia lately so I did a slow 5.5 miles this morning at 5 am!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Here's my plan:

less than 1600cal/day;
less than 600cal/meal, except when I need to skip breakfast (allowance 800cal/lunch);
3 meals/day, 2 snacks;
try not to combine foods inappropriately;
less than 300cal/day from each of the following: bread/pasta/nuts/chips/crisps/sweet treats

I don't exercise, but I plan to walk ~30min/day, at least 3 times a week.

I now weigh 112, my plan is to reach around 106-103.

Let's just report to each other our plans and how we managed to stick to it every day.

Good luck!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

Count me in too....

even i ve been in a yo-yo dieting state always.... i gain back the pounds i lose in speedier than i lose it..... it takes a lot of time n effort to lose every pound but somehow at that time of binge eating, i seem to forget al of tat... it has happened to me recently too... so i wanna lose the pounds i gained n a few extra pounds before thanksgiving....

Highest weight : 147.4 lbs
Current weight : 135 lbs
Short term weight goal : 130 lbs
Long term weight goal : 117 lbs

Everyday goals to be achieved
1. eat a bowl of fruit
2. eat fresh veggies n bean sprouts wid regular lunch
3. eat dinner before 8 pm
4. drink 2.5 lts of water
5. 1 hour workout
Old 11-01-2010, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Today = another bad eating day (the pounds creeping up on the scale! ack!) since we had an all-day workshop. Cinnamon rolls and coffee cake, hot dog, cheeseburger, potato salad, and chips, and Halloween chocolate! And then I came home and ate dinner. *sigh*.

And I've been feeling like I'm sick for 4-5 days and haven't been sleeping well. Today I kept feeling worse and really am sick and am going to take a sick day tomorrow. Oh well, I'll make my goal this week to get better so I can try to eat better and exercise more.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

2200 calories today (1330 by 1pm and the rest in the evening), 40min walking; combined food awfully... pretty low, not only because of this...

I'm 26, female, married, no kids, work as a graduate student and I have a messy project...

How about you, guys?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

@tamissa, hey i m on the same boat like u.. except tat i m still unmarried... but i ve a thesis to complete..... gud news s my proff jus approved of al my results.... so, now its jus typing n the defending part a better happy news s tat i stuck to my goals n dint involve in any indulgence aftr hearing this news ...... Hurray !!

i had my bowl of fruits n veggies today wid the sprouts.... kept me filled n also restricted my carb intake.... had my share of 2.5 litre too....n yeah ! had a gr8 workout doing TKB at the group fitness club today..... so far, so good

its my bday 2row.... i m quiet not sure abt the "not eating after 8pm" part... but i ll try nt to binge in a lot
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

I just started on this site and I am looking for a little extra support...room for one more?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.