Default Today I Am Happy For...

Just thought it would be a fun thread!

Today I am happy for:

The scale continuing to move in the right direction
Eating healthy today
Taking a nap on my lunch hour!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Today I am happy I got up and exercised this mornig. I am also happy that I have avoided alot of junk food today!!

Meyer-I noticed that you have lost right much weight since August. Around 40lbs? Want to share any secrets? I have only lost about 10 lbs in a month. Which I guess by standards is good! Just curious to see what your diet/exercise plan is.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Today I am happy for my daughter's 1 year doctors appointment to be over with...she was a wreck there...but even more happy that I have a healthy and happy baby. No matter the number on the scale, she is my #1 priority and I cherish every minute I can spend with her.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

I have lost a little over 40 lbs! However I have not done all of it completly "right". I did a drastic calorie reduction, about 500 a day for over a month. Then I realized I wanted to keep the weight off! So now I increased my water intake and am zig zigging my calories more so I eat 1000 some days. I also run at least a mile a day and do about 30 min of a video to hit target areas. This is a huge change for me as I work from home and would literally sit for 8-10 hours a day. I think all of this combined was such a huge shock to my system that it is working for me right now. I know these last 15 lbs will be much harder and I hope that I can maintain once I reach my goal! Thanks for asking!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Today I am happy that I made myself go to the park and run even though I spent the first half of the day telling myself I didn't feel like it.

I am happy that my hubby came with and walked...I'm really trying to get him to exercise.

I am ecstatic that I got to a goal I've had for quite a while in terms of the time it took me to do 5K.

I am happy that I chose to have a chocolate Vitatops muffin w/a scoop of lowfat frozen yogurt for dessert, instead of a 600-calorie slice of the band fundraiser cake that's sitting in my fridge.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

I'm happy that I walked by the Dunkin Donuts today (just like every other day) and decided, that's not on the menu. I'm happy that food didn't control me today; my taste buds didn't control me. I am happy because I decided what to eat today based on what's best for me, in totality. I'm happy because it feels good to take care of myself (and my family) and our health and wellbeing.

Last edited by stamatiaa; 10-28-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

I am happy that I didn't stop at Wendy's and grab a frosty...has such a craving for it. I am also happy that even though I didn't get home until 9pm tonight, I still threw on my running shoes and clothes and did a 4 mile run in the 40 degree weather outside tonight.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

I was disappointed at myself for waking up at 5am this morning only to talk myself out of the gym. I went online for some inspiration, read a few success stories and decided to go...but then I didn't have the time anymore- so I got my butt up and did the 30 day shred. It might not completely make up for the hour of running or elliptical I missed, but it sure as hell got my blood pumping and made me feel great! I didn't completely slack off, and I followed it up with a fantastic breakfast- and the day has just begun!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

I am happy its Friday!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

I'm happy that so far I've avoided the cupcakes at work along with the big bowl of candy. We also had a costume contest today and I won it, dinner for 2 at a very nice restraunt so I'll get to take hubby for his b-day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.