View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hunny24
FitDay Member

Hi there. Congrats on the baby. I was my heaviest when I got pregnant with my daughter, weighing 165 at 5'6. Then of course add 35-40 pounds and you see where I am going. Luckily most of it came off right away and I was working out but I went up to 155 all summer since I took a break from working out and eating healthy.

Fast forward to August, I was tired of the way I felt and swore I would never be one of those mom's who after kids stopped caring about themselves and just gave up. So I started running with my friend 3 days a week. Now two months later, I am 145-ish since the weekend was bad.. and I am running 3-4 days a week now 4-6 miles each time, and trying to be consistant of adding a gym work out or two in to lift and do other things.

The one thing I would suggest to you is first off, change your mind set. Make the real decision to start living your life healthier. No, its not going to be easy and no, eating healthy is not fun all the time. But what would you rather have....coming home from work, sitting on the couch eating chips and ice cream each day, while the weeks go by and you slowly can't fit into your clothes anymore? Or deciding to stay active, eat healthy and realize that as much as sitting on the couch feels great, fitting into clothes and not feeling like you are going to have a heart attack after running for 40 mins feels way better.

I still am on my journey and have about 10-15 pounds to go or so. But for almost 3 months now I have committed to living a better a life for myself and continue to re-commit even when I fail since I know putting all that weight back on is a hell of a lot easier than keeping it off. Nothing in life worth doing is ever easy and before you can take care of anyone else, take care of yourself.

Good luck on your journey and know that there are wonderful people on here that will help you along the way and struggle with the same things you do on a daily basis.

Started AGAIN after Baby #2: 8/1/2012
Height: 5' 6"
Starting weight: 180 lbs
Current : 153
Lbs Lost: 25
Lbs Until 1st Goal Met: Success!!
Lbs Until 2nd Goal Met: Success!!
Lbs Until 3rd Goal Met: 3

Goal #1 165 by 9/17/12 - First Day back at work
Goal #2: 155 by 10/17/12
- Daughter's B-Day
Goal #3: 150 by 4/15/13
Goal #4 - 145 by 6/1/13
Goal #5 - 140 by 7/1/13
Goal #5 - Ultimate Goal - 135 for Life!!
Hunny24 is offline   Reply With Quote