Notices

Getting my own omelet

Old 09-13-2010, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Getting my own omelet

Nearly every Sunday for the last several years we've had brunch at this diner near the church we attend. It's something to do while the kiddies go to Sunday school. Anyway when I first started dieting, it was a problem because the menu is NOT diet food. Anyhoo, the head waitress and I have worked out an omelet that's within my calories and not a stretch for the cooks. It's 3 egg whites, mushrooms, green pepper, tomatoes, onions and very light cheese, with 2 pieces of dry whole wheat toast. Anyway we went to brunch this past Sunday and she says to me do I want my usual or do I want a "Skinny Miss Amy's vegetarian omelet"? And I was like "What"? So she explained that they've been going over their menu and making changes, getting ready to comply with the Obama health plan. When the owner saw how many calories were in some of their dishes she was like . So she started asking the cooks for ideas and they told her about my usual, and that I had lost a ton of weight eating it. So now I'm getting my own omelet at this teeny tiny diner most of you will never eat at, but if you do happen to order one, it now comes with a full ounce of reduced fat cheese. Pretty cool eh?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Wow! That's awesome!! Good job on the weight loss too!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

That's so cool!!! How fun!

What's the name of the restaurant (if you don't mind sharing)? Since I'm in MI, I may have to go there someday and order your menu item. =)
Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default congratulations!

Great story! You should be so proud!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

That's so awesome!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fletch8502
That's so cool!!! How fun!

What's the name of the restaurant (if you don't mind sharing)? Since I'm in MI, I may have to go there someday and order your menu item. =)
The Country Kettle? I think, geez I've eaten there so long I never look at the sign anymore. It's changed hands a few times over the years.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Now that's what I call recognition, well done you!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

That is AWESOME!!! And proof that health is contagious
Old 10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
FitDay Member

Wow Amy congratulations! It's so cool that your healthy omelet has now been immortalized on the menu! Not only did your choices help you lose over 90 pounds but now other people in your town can benefit from your accomplishment. Talk about a ripple effect. I think that is so great!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

I think that is the neatest thing I've heard! I was in California and most of their menus have calories listed. I lost my appetite just reading that many meals were 2 days of calories for me. thanks for the inspiration. Linda