Notices

Low carb breakfasts

Old 10-20-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Low carb breakfasts

Hello all

I have been looking at my food logs for the last 6 weeks ( when I joined fitday) and I have been noticing that the majority of my carbs are being consumed in my breakfast, I am looking to cut some carbs from my diet ( I don't want to do Atkins per se) and was wondering if anyone has any great low carb breakfasts that they can share. I enjoy eating eggs but don't think I can handle them every morning!!

Thanks
Andrea
Old 10-20-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Steel Cut oats with a splash of heavy cream and a handful of berries

Crustless Quiche

Fried Eggs and Bacon (My favorite breakfast in the whole world)

Fage full fat Greek Yogurt with a handful of berries (very filling and full of protein). My 2nd favorite breakfast........

Sorry I can't give you more ideas. These are my favorite breakfast meals and I tend to eat pretty simple.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe try a low carb torilla with some cheese or salsa in the morning. You can even put eggs or ham in it as well. I wouldn't worry about the amount of carbs since having them early in the day is better for you anyways. So I would rather eat more of my carbs then than at night.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Good ideas above^
You can also add salsa or veggies to scrambled eggs for some variety.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Eggs are a must then...
Even if you eat greek yogurt you are going to put fruit in it which will raise your carbs (although this is not necessarily bad!).
Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Tuna melt
slim bagel with ff cream cheese
slim bun with turkey & rf cheese
1/2 cup ff cottage cheese on 35 calorie/slice whole grain toast
deviled eggs
protein shake with a little frozen fruit blended in
egg salad on Nut house crackers
egg white omelet
Greek yogurt
Old 10-27-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

I find it easier to get the idea out of my head of what a conventional 'breakfast' is (i.e: eggs, toast, et al). Just have a nice big chunk of meat and lots of veggies.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

every now and then I'll try to low carb it in the morning and have eggs but it's getting harder and harder for me to stomach eggs. What if it has carbs, but high fiber, would that work for you? I love fiber one cereal, just a thought.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Just eat leftovers from the night before. Breakfast doesn't always have to include breakfast food.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I like 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 2 oz. of lean steak and a nice slab of whole wheat toast with real butter. This easily gets me through the morning till my 9:00 am fruit snack. If I don't have that shot of protein I would be hungry again before I left the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.